Saturday, January 10, 2009

The meaning of Trust

"Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing"

I trust everyone until I have a reason not to. And if you lose my trust you never just get it back again. Trust is earned, through actions, not words. Its something that you have to work towards, something that takes time, and effort. Its not a right. And its not something I can choose. I can't choose to trust you once you betray me. I can choose to forgive you, and I can choose to tread more carefully. Only fools forgive and forget. A wise person forgives and is more careful and cautious next time around. Once bitten and twice shy.

So never expect me to choose to trust you. I might choose to forgive you, but i will never choose to trust you. That is something that will happen If you prove yourself again.

"It is your choice to trust me again, trust is always a choice"

No, it is not a choice. Not for me.

No comments: