Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Survey

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

I stopped all contact with someone who used to be incredibly important to me.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't make any

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No

5. What countries did you visit?

I spent a lot of time in the imaginary world of dora the explorer with my daughter

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

Another child

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 11 - Lucy's first Birthday

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My daughter

9. What was your biggest failure?
Possibly the many mistakes i've already made in regard to Lucy. But i'm a parent and i'm trying so its ok.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Kind of, if you count a miscarriage. Oh and a liver that didn't want to function for a couple of months.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
The laptop

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband, supportive and amazing

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted?
My ex best friends

14. Where did most of your money go?
Petrol, Food, Rent... that pretty much covers it!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Lucy turning one, and Christmas, and being pregnant.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
I have no idea

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? A little bit sadder
b) thinner or fatter? fatter, much fatter :(
c) richer or poorer? Richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Excercise

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Hospital time

20. How Did you Spend New Years Eve?
At home with my daughter and hubbby, playing games and watching movies.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
All over again with my hubby

22. How many one-night stands?
None!

23. What was your favorite TV program?
I loved Good News Week

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I dont hate them, but i certainly dont like them, or tolerate them, even a little bit

25. What was the best book you read?
19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lily Allen

27. What did you want and get?
A laptop

28. What did you want and not get?
Our baby

29. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't really see many, so i reserve my vote

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 23 and we went out for dinner and kept it quiet

31.What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Still being pregnant with our lil girl

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Whatever fits and doesn't need to be ironed

33. What kept you sane?
my daughter, my husband and my family

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
none really

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
This freaking war on Iraq.. move out people

36. Who did you miss?
Lots of people

37. Who was the best new person you met?
I can't pick!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
Never say “Well this year HAS to be better” out loud. EVER.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Life, oh life, oh life...

2 comments:

Bridgette said...

Good luck on your 2009 wish :)

Tam said...

Thanks, :) We're working on it. TMI! :)