Sunday, February 15, 2009

still grieving

I would like to send a letter to heaven

and address it to the one I love

My child has left this world,

to be with the Lord above.

I would tell him that I love him,

and that I miss his loving touch.

I would say we're lost without him

and we miss him, oh, so much

I would ask if he could visit,

if we promised not to cry.

Maybe one more time to see him,

We forgot to say "Goodbye"

We will try to control our emotions,

we truly feel we could

So please, we need a visit,

we promise we'll be good.

It is so hard, we miss him

Oh Lord, this feeling is the worst

We know you gave him to us,

Yes, we know you had him first.

But you called him prematurely,

I'm sorry I question your will

I know you have your reasons,

But Lord, I miss him still

If you'd only make an exception,

Please consider what we plea,

Its so hard accepting

Our Son, we'll never see

Oh baby I write you this letter

with all the love there is to be had

Because its not just me who's hurting

There's your brothers, and your dad.

We need so much to see you,

then we'll try and let you rest

But if not in this world baby,

Then we'll see you in the next

So I'm sending a letter to heaven,

And pray you hear my plea

But if the answer is not what I'm asking

Lord, come and rescue me.

(Written by Paula Osipovitch)

It must be very difficult

to be a man in grief

since "Men don't cry" and "Men are strong"

No tears can bring relief

It must be very difficult

To stand up to the test

And field the calls, and visitors

So she can get some rest.

They will always ask, if she's alright

And what she's going through

But seldom take his hand and ask

"my friend, but how are you?"

He hears her crying in the night

And thinks his heart will break

He dries her eyes and comforts her

but "stays strong" for her sake

It must be very difficult

To start each day anew

To try and be so brave

When he lost his baby too.

No comments: