Monday, March 22, 2010

Don't Hate Me,

but if you're going to, there isn't much I can do about it! Because i'm ALL about the controversy, I have another confession to make.

I hardly ever find being a mum hard.

*GASP*

Sure, it's tough sometimes, especially when Lucy is getting on my last nerve, or is sick, or when I'm sick, and she wants me to dance and play. We always are going to have difficult days. But if I sit back, and look at it rationally, and reasonably, I really don't find it THAT difficult.

I feel like a bit of a fraud! It's not socially acceptable to not struggle. People are always saying to me "but your a mum, thats a full time job in its-self" Um - nope. Not really. Not for me! But thanks anyway!

I guess I'm lucky because Lucy has always been, very well behaved. She usually listens, and if she isn't listening she will usually snap too by the time I count to three. She knows her limits and boundaries, and as a result, we get along very well.

Most Of The Time.

She has her bad days. She is not a saint, by any stretch.

But this parenting caper? I got this. I feel confident in my parenting abilities, and I know I'm good at it.

I think i'm also lucky to have a very supportive husband. He helps out, he treats the house as his home, not a drop in centre, he cleans up after himself, he cooks, he tidies up, he does washing - And he looks after Lucy just as well as I do. He's a great daddy!

We are very lucky - I am not, saying this is how it is, or should be for other parents. But I think, that all of this, is why we've managed to handle losing Ariana as well as we have. Not only did we know, that she was sick, so we had been forewarned, but Lucy is just so damn easy to take care of!