Friday, March 12, 2010

Peace

The Childcare centre Lucy attends, is a centre that has whole heartedly embraced the Montessori Education system. It is a wonderful learning environment, and one she thrives in, hugely.

The children there learn, what is known as the "peace poem". I believe it was actually by Ghandi (feel free to correct me!)

Only since losing Ariana, have I actually undertsood it's meaning.

"I offer you peace, I offer you love, I offer you friendship,
 I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings.
My wisdom flows from the highest source.
I salute that source in you.
Let us work together for peace"

Now, it seems pretty powerful. And I am mighty glad Lucy is learning it.

4 comments:

Sheye Rosemeyer said...

Thank you for the note on my blog Tam. I'm so sorry to read about your beautiful daughter. Go gently with you until you learn to breathe again.
Much love
Sheye x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! If I could afford it, Leilani would only ever attend a Montessori school.

Anonymous said...

Namaste.

To you, and to Lucy.

I am glad she is learning it, too.

Catherine Clements said...

Before Dylan was born, my kids both attended the Montessori school and preschool in Darwin. They loved it and they both thrived there. I know that it was the reason they felt such a sense of loss when we were forced to move to Sydney. They still talk about the teachers and the friends they had there and they still yearn to go back. I have no doubt that Lucy's kindy is wonderful! You and Matt are doing an awesome job with her!