Saturday, March 27, 2010

When your contemplating deleting

things have gotten bad.

I read a blog, written by a wonderful woman named Issa. She's having a hell of a time right now, and actually contemplated deleting her blog, and her twitter account.

Twitter, I totally don't understand. But that's a whole 'nother post.

Things must get bad, for someone to get to a point that they look back over everything they have written, in however many years, and actually think it would be better to delete the lot, rather than deal with the hurt it is causing.

Someone has been essentially ripping off her posts, and calling them her own. It's unbelievable to me, that someone who she reads, would think they can get away with it, without so much as linking it back to her, and acknowledging her words.

So, because I love her blog, and because despite never having met her, I am worried about her, and worried that she will leave the blogosphere, I'm writing this post. Who knows, if she will ever read it, part of blogging is never knowing who exactly is out there, and being ok with it. But even if she never reads it, I can know that I sent traffic her way, to read her blog, to hear her story.

After all, that's why we do this. Why we put ourselves out there. We do it to get our heads emptied of our thoughts and emotions, but we also do it, so people can hear our story.

Every Person has a story that is important. Human nature is to reach out, to ask for help, to seek guidance, and recognition. Her story is important, Just as important as mine, so, Go read hers. Please.

2 comments:

Mumto5 said...

I've been reading hers for a while and I couldn't believe it either.

Issa said...

You have no idea how this helped me today. Thank you. Truly, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

I'll be back. I promise I will. Give me a week or so and I'll be back. Because of people caring and words like yours in this post. It's why I started and why I've kept with it...and why I now know I won't delete and I'll be back.