Sunday, March 28, 2010

The nerves are kicking in,

On Tuesday, I'm going back to work.

I'm looking forward to it, kind of. I'm scared, a lot. I'll be thrown in the deep end, I haven't worked in Childcare for well over three years.

I thought when I signed up I'd be working as an assistant. No paperwork, half the responsibility of the more senior positions. Evidently, they love me. They would hire me full time if head office would let them. They want me as a group leader and are throwing as many hours my way as they can.

I did a first aid course yesterday, with them. It was so much fun, and because they are all very intelligent, articulate women (and a man!), we manged to cover senior first aid, and CPR, in two and a half hours. Can you believe that! A two days course, in two and a half hours. And the whole time, I was thinking, oh wow, this is real. I'm going back to work. In Childcare.

I'm scared, but I am excited as well. I think it will be good for me, I know it will be good for my marriage. I need to have stuff to talk about at the end of the day! Stories to tell, something to contribute. It will make me appreciate days at home again, without feeling like I need to get out of the house. I used to love being home, now I'm sick of it.

I think that this will be a good thing. I know it will be.

I just wish I could get the nerves under control!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck babe. hope it all goes well.. I have been glancing at the job sections online and in the paper...