Thursday, April 1, 2010

I love

I love the smell of rain, but I'm not much into the actual wet, rainy part of rain.

I love the smell of freshly cut grass.

I love the sound of children laughing, preferably after 9am on a Sunday morning.

I love to read. If I couldn't read anymore, I think I would lose my mind.

I love being with good friends. Lighthearted conversations, laughter and joking around is my idea of a perfect day.

I love Music. Music speaks to me, in a way that normal conversation cannot.

I love conversations. Not just mindless chatter, but deep, important conversations.

I love to feel valued, like I contribute, Like what I think matters.

I love to be alone. I am good company, even for myself.

I love to be busy, days that I spend going from place to place, acomplishing things, marking things off, are among my favourite.

I love Coffee.

I love Food. I'm not experimental with food, But I love to eat (explains a few things about me!).

I love writing this blog. I love this medium, the way thoughts seem to flow out of me, my fingers flying while my brain struggles to keep up with what my heart is saying.

I love to just be. To just sit, and stare out the window, blank. Waiting for what, i don't know. Just being.

I love that I still, after everything, can be alone, without being afraid of my thoughts.

I love that I am not afraid. I am not scared. I do not fear.

I love that my family is crazy. They are a very strange collection of people, and I wouldn't have them any other way.

I love that every day I wake up, ready and able, to get out of bed.

I love that Ariana existed, that she was a part of this world.

I love that I can speak her name, openly, and without tears.

I love that the days the tears do come, are the days that I know I can turn to my husband.

I love that he picked me.

I love that he loves me, unconditionally.

I Love him.

I love watching terrible TV shows, with a coffee and a pack of tim tams.

I love sleeping

I love playing with playdoh with Lucy.

I love to lick the beaters after Matt makes one of his amazing concoctions.

I love that he lets me!

I love to drive aimlessly, music blaring, laughing at the world.

I love to sit, and talk about rubbish with anyone, laughing until we worry we will throw up

I love that Matt lets me tickle him, even though he hates it, and it drives him crazy.

I love the smell of a freshly dried load of towels.

I love the feel of crisp, cool, fresh sheets on a hot summer night.

I love that my brothers cat keeps sleeping on my bed during the day, as if begging to be a member of our little family.

I love that I feel free enough now to say what I feel I need to, without worrying about it being socially acceptable.

I love that I am better.

I love that I am more.

I love that I am loved, that I am worthy, that I am accepted.

I love my life.

It's just taken me some time to remember why.

No comments: